Distributed Database Design & Replication
Distributed systems are getting more and more complicated, they suggest solving ambitious tasks and processing big data. Information should be relevant and exact, therefore, distributed applications are of great significance.
Any site, game or application work on databases, that is, information ordered in a certain way. Management systems are used to work with databases. And such principles as information integrity, independence and consistency should be observed.
In case of distributed databases different parts of information are stored in different net knots. However, this fact is of no importance for users, they take information as a unit.
To design distributed database it is necessary to:
- define information to be stored;
- list tasks to be solved;
- determine tasks relevant to each customer.
Oracle Database Features
Oracle database design and maintenance is a popular work area. Oracle database benefits are:
- unlimited information volume;
- no limits for the number of users, if a device is powerful enough;
- speed and power of server and applications increase due to adding new knots;
- no need to stop and transform previous apps;
- non-stop work is possible if separate nodes fail;
- usage of several platforms;
- transfer to new versions.
PostgreSQL Database Benefits
Specialists consider PostgreSQL database as flexible and robust, it refers to an object-oriented type and allows creating, storing and using complex information structures. PostgreSQL database supports net address, multi-dimensional arrays, geometrical data, JSON, monetary, enumerated, binary types and others.
Also, PostgreSQL allows creating new data types. Database carefully supports information integrity and allows working with big data.
Database Performance Optimization
Users prefer applications and sites which work fast and efficiently, they do not want to watch a download icon and spend time on waiting. Therefore database maintenance includes their performance optimization.
SQL database performance optimization may include the analysis of requests with time-consuming tasks. It is necessary to select balanced hardware, that is, processor, disk, network and memory. Their quality and volume are checked during optimization.
The recommendations on mysql optimization are:
- avoid queues;
- perform less laborious tasks first;
- prevent crosstalk and serialization;
- don’t stick to setting configurations;
- monitor pagination;
- limit notifications;
- study indexing.