Choosing an API Management Platform
It is imperative that software systems can interact easily and securely and to provide this it is often the case that a good API management tool can make all the difference. These API Management platforms will help a company create, analyze and publish web APIs. An essential element is that integration takes place correctly in order for an organization to be able to take advantage of rapid industry changes.
This article looks at nine of the best API Management Platforms available on the market.
9. Dell Boomi
- 100% cloud-based.
- Ability to move, manage and administer data on-premise or on the cloud.
- Endpoints provided as a web services.
- Easy to extend services.
- Easter to pass information to customers and enterprises.
- Useful to develop consistency and discipline in workflow.
- Facilitates a speedy design process with no loss of quality.
- Standardized API designs.
- Enhanced consistency in design across multiple APIs using editors, error feedback and auto-completion among other features.
7. Akana Platform
- End-to-end API management solutions.
- Reserved solutions to secure, manage and publish APIs.
- Higher user security — access to authorized users and apps.
- Enables outreach on digital channels
- Applied data analytics enhances performance.
- Flexible and scalable.
- Enables easy API management.
- Users can share, secure, distribute and control every API on one infrastructure.
- API can share data internally and externally as needed.
5. CA API Management
- Allows system integration from multiple sources.
- Designed to streamline development.
- Can orchestrate data and adapt services.
- Software Development Kits are available out out-of-the-box.
4. WSO2 App Cloud
- Open source.
- Full API life-cycle management.
- Can be used for policy enforcement.
- Can be used to host apps centrally.
- Supports multiple languages and run times.
3. IBM API Connect
- Manages the total API life-cycle.
- Cloud based API creation and management.
- Builds security and governance.
- Can automate API creation using java run time and Node.js.
- Analytics includes both suppliers and customers.
2. MuleSoft Anypoint
- Users can integrate with any app, data or device.
- Provides visibility and control for apps and APIs.
- Pre-built security policies for data encryption.
- Pre-built security policies for industry compliance eg. GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
- Allows the design of API Proxies.
- Enforces security protocols plus practices across all API platforms.
- Useful for consumer, cloud, partner, IoT, records and employee apps.
- Analytics across the board.
- Includes security, operations and run-time monitoring.
- Allows for mediation and monetization.
- Developer portal.
These interfaces are critical for the successful development and use of consumer facing applications.In order to make sure the apps meet their full potential fully integrated internal and external systems are crucial.