ASKID — ERP for Oil Transportation Company
Aristek has developed a system that manages almost everything, from storing petroleum products and transporting them to accounting and client relations management.
Duration: total 24+ months
Technologies & Tools
- ORACLE DB Server
We were approached by the leadership of a major oil transportation company — the enterprise owned about 3000 km of pipelines and pumped over 63 million tons of oil per year.
The managers understood that to keep up with (and get ahead of) the competition, they needed to make their work more efficient. Automating paper-based processes, uniting the disparate electronic elements into one system, and streamlining the decisionmaking process could be a huge step in the right direction. They just needed a reliable technical partner to make this a reality.
When the project began, the customers already had a desktop system. Some of its functions would be transferred into a new one. However, it was outdated and lacked many of the needed features. They had to be built from scratch.
Overall, this was to be a massive project that would require a lot of separate modules to work in perfect unison.
Explore ASKID Core Features
Our team structure for ASKID ERP development
We developed a system that allowed the customer to control the entire operation from one place. This included both the technical aspects and the financial ones.
A large part of the system was interoperable with the software that the company’s customers and contractors used. This helped make the work more convenient and more efficient.
Examples of the modules we developed included:
- Oil pumping which monitored the amount, pressure, and other important data and visualized it for the operators’ convenience;
- Finance which automatically conducted payments, managed client and contractor relations, tracked exchange rates, and integrated with other financial software our customer used;
- Accounting which managed customs clearance and connected to the client and contractor systems;
- Loss control which helped predict losses, alerted if the losses exceeded the projections at a specific point in the pipeline, managed the inventory in the tank farms, and more;
- Loading which helped optimize logistics by predicting the time it would take to load a specific tanker or train;
- A chemical laboratory which monitored the characteristics of oil (water and salt levels, mechanical impurities, etc.).
The ERP also included a powerful analytical system with over 500 possible reports for use at every level of the company. Thanks to the flexible access control module, the system could be accessed by the employees of the customer or their partners. In addition, the data was thoroughly encrypted to add an extra layer of security.
The ERP turned out to be a resounding success. It led to a 30% increase in overall productivity.