ReactJS — Perfect for App Development
The ReactJS library has become increasingly popular with businesses looking for app development. Initially released in 2013 the app has become the highest trending tech on Stack Overflow.
So What Is the React Library?
- Virtual DOM — rapidly loading applications and increased performance gives a great user experience.
- Web pages render faster.
- Indexing by search engines is rapid.
- Same code for the service and client sides — no duplication.
- Adaptable code — easy and inexpensive to change according to need.
- Overall cost reduction due to less development time.
There are a number of ways ReactJS achieves these benefits, too may to list here, but some of the more significant ones include:
- Improved user experience on app and website.
- Up to date development techniques.
- Isomorphic Apps — using the same code for the server and client side.
- Wipes out delays experienced during SPA loading — single page applications can cause users to click away due to increased wait times.
- Less development time leading to reduce costs.
- Modern frameworks enable fast rendering.
Virtual DOM (Document Object Model)
Put simply Virtual DOM is fast. Essentially it is a way to interact with objects in documents written in HTML, XHTML, and XML documents. which enables developers to access parts of a page and change it according to need.
If a web page is interactive and dynamic DOM must be rapidly re-rendered. Some processes are very long and drawn out and can be a problem for high-use apps. Using virtual DOM means that when the actual DOM changes the virtual DOM can be changed within a second or two, it compares the two versions and then re-renders DOM automatically. This saves a lot of time because there is no need to change the DOM manually and it also means that rendering can take place on both the server and client side.
Reusable Code for Rapid Development and Testing
A mobile app can be used when the device is offline and gives access to features like push notifications. Businesses can retain 24/7 communication with customers and using React Native you can build these apps using React leaving the user interface totally native. The developer simply needs to create a specific code adapting web elements for mobile use.
In terms of cost native applications give great performance at higher prices, but frameworks using HTML5, CSS3 and so on are cheaper with less performance. Using React gives you performance more akin to a native application but costs remain lower.
For those planning a corporate web app it is worth considering that React Native can use the existing web apps to create the mobile app — developers can reuse the code rather than starting from scratch allowing faster development, less errors, and cost efficiency. Virtual DOM and Isometric JavaScrpt increase the performance of apps, makes testing easier and reduces costs. The library is consistently maintained to a high standard by a team of developers which is another reason for its growth in popularity.